Raymond Steele Sr. wasn’t like the tech tycoons that made up the majority of Seattle’s wealthy businessmen. His fortune wasn’t made from the mattresses he sold all over town and his power didn’t come from the size of his empire. Raymond Steele’s influence was built on blood and loyalty. That loyalty made everyone in his closely guarded circle family, even if they didn’t want to be, and family doesn’t turn on one another, nor does it disintegrate when the figure head dies. Family is forever. This is Christian Grey’s conundrum. He has spent his entire life paying for the sins of his father, Raymond Steele Jr.’s right hand man, and his ties to the family have threatened his career, his relationships, his freedom, and his life. But as he begins to unravel the secrets of the Steele legacy and attempts to escape the reign of Seattle’s most notorious crime syndicate once and for all, he learns that there’s only one way to leave the family. Seize power, or die trying.
Unfortunately for Christian, he’s not the only player who wants to change the game.
Things you should know:
- This story is OOC (Out of Character) and AU (Alternate Universe) which means there are changes to the backstories and personalities of some of the characters. You’ll have a better time if you drop some your preconceived notions about these characters going in. Their motivations are different, and, for a lot of them, their roles and qualities are very different. Clean slate.
- If I could categorize this story by Genre the way you do on FanFiction, I would choose Romance/Drama/Crime/Suspense
- This story will be rated M for explicit sexual content, graphic violence, strong language, and intense situations.
- This story will be poly-protagonist, meaning multiple POVs throughout the whole story.
- You should expect other/different romantic pairings in this story, for multiple characters.
- There is no BDSM or sexual history with Elena Lincoln in this story, Christian’s background is completely different. He’s not adopted, he is the biological son of Carrick Grey and Grace Trevelyan. No crack whore past or related trauma.
- I’m going to remain very tight lipped about this story, because there are going to be some (what I hope will be) shocking twists and turns along the way and I want my readers to experience that. Therefore, I will not reveal if it’s HEA (Happily Ever After), I will not reveal if there is cheating, and I will not reveal the fate of any character. It’s all going to unfold organically.
- There will be main character deaths.
- There are original characters in this story, both good and bad.
- This will not be a series the way that Shades of Fifty was. One book only.
Raymond Steele Sr. (Married to Anastasia Steele I)
Raymond Steel Jr. (Married to Carla Wilks)
- Vincent Steele
- Anastasia Steele
Carrick Grey (Married to Grace Trevelyan)
- Elliot Grey
- Christian Grey (Married to Leila Williams)
- Kate Grey
- Mia Grey
John Lincoln (Married to Elena Kelly)
- John Lincoln Jr. (Died as an infant)
- Calvin Lincoln
- Thomas Lincoln
- Camilla Lincoln
Coming after the outtakes for A Stronger Shade of Fifty have been completed